What does it mean?


You've been thinking about somone. Somone you haven't heard from in weeks, months or even years, and within a short period of time you receive some kind of communication from them. Twice I received letters from a woman I had worked with years before within a day of thinking about her for the first time in a long period of time. The second instance I even stopped in front of the mailbox and had the idea that there was going to be a letter from her because it had already happened once and sure enough, there was a letter in the box. My question is obvious. What is this phenomenon that boils down to a "Strange Case Of Uncanny Timing"?

Is it God? Is it the Universe? Entanglement? Are our brains Quantum computers? Is it the "Law of Attraction"?, or is it all nothing more than a coincidence? Carl Jung called it synchronicity and it happens all the time. Does it happen to you? It happens to me and I find myself wondering "What does it mean?". Decide for yourself as you follow my diary of another "Strange Case Of Uncanny Timing", also known as a S.C.O.U.T!

Sunday, October 3, 2010

April 4, 2010 Easter Sunday - A sad day for bunnies :(

Background - My brother came for dinner and a visit today. While we were hanging around in the kitchen cooking and talking he begins to tell me the story of how he ran over a bunny with his car and how sick it made him feel. He had tried to swerve the car, but didn’t have time and ended up killing the poor little thing. He was clearly disturbed by the event and so I assumed that it had happened on the way to my house that evening. When I asked him where and when it had happened, he told me he had run it over weeks ago, and he didn’t even know why he was even thinking about it today or why he had brought it up at all. There was no way he could know how stunned I was at that moment as he shook his head and laughed about how silly it was to be so broken up over killing one little rabbit, and that he should just let it go already!

S.C.O.U.T. -  He couldn’t know how stunned I was because he had no idea that I was writing a book, let alone what I was writing. I had spent hours the day before trying to construct the sad story of how my sweet, nurturing mother had run over my beloved bunny when I was 15 years old. It had been tied up in our carport and was hopping around the car… I know, bad idea. I had run into the house for just a moment and didn’t know she was getting ready to run errands. She came out, got in the car and backed out without a second thought... ouch, and yuck ): When she got home and found me sobbing over the squished bunny, she was absolutely beside herself and horrified at what she’d done. It was a good many years before she was able to forgive herself and accept that it was just an accident.


 I’m sure its just a coincidence that my brother chose today to tell me about the one and only poor little bunny he has ever run over the day after I had spent hours constructing the story of the one and only poor little bunny that my mother had ever run over. I felt very connected to my brother at that moment. We were both mourning. He, his bunny, me, my bunny and both the loss of our mother, but it was just a coincidence, right? Have you ever run over a bunny? I haven’t. Oh, and in case your wondering, my bunnies name wasn’t scout…or was it?!

No comments:

Post a Comment