What does it mean?


You've been thinking about somone. Somone you haven't heard from in weeks, months or even years, and within a short period of time you receive some kind of communication from them. Twice I received letters from a woman I had worked with years before within a day of thinking about her for the first time in a long period of time. The second instance I even stopped in front of the mailbox and had the idea that there was going to be a letter from her because it had already happened once and sure enough, there was a letter in the box. My question is obvious. What is this phenomenon that boils down to a "Strange Case Of Uncanny Timing"?

Is it God? Is it the Universe? Entanglement? Are our brains Quantum computers? Is it the "Law of Attraction"?, or is it all nothing more than a coincidence? Carl Jung called it synchronicity and it happens all the time. Does it happen to you? It happens to me and I find myself wondering "What does it mean?". Decide for yourself as you follow my diary of another "Strange Case Of Uncanny Timing", also known as a S.C.O.U.T!

Sunday, August 21, 2011

August 2, 2010 - Blood is thicker than Guinness (but only slightly!)

Background - I’ve been thinking a lot about my four siblings the last two days, two older sisters and a younger sister and brother (I’m the stereotypical “middle” child).  I have a vision of us laughing it up in a bar in Ireland, clinking our cold, foamy glasses of Guinness together as we enjoy a loud, crass walk down memory lane!  We don’t spend nearly enough time together.

S.C.O.U.T. - Day two of my sibling obsession and I’m finishing up some shopping at Costco when my phone rings; it’s my brother John!  Not so weird that he would call so I didn’t think much of it, and was happy to get a moment to catch up.  Heading out of Costco with my cart, I come upon my little sister Alison in the food court having lunch with her husband and two boys!  I laugh it off and take a moment to catch up as the tingle begins to creep down my spine; I have only run into her once here in 12 long years.  In addition, she tells me how she had a weird feeling when they walked in that she was going to see me here today; tingle picking up in intensity!  We start talking about my oldest sister, Jennifer, when… my phone rings.  It’s my oldest sister Jennifer just calling to say hi!  Now I feel like I’ve been jolted with a good dose of electricity!  Lastly, my little sister Alison tells me they are meeting my last sister, Deirdre, at the Newseum the next day and that I should come.   Needless to say, I went to complete my sibling reunions, all the while thanking God, the “powers that be” and the universe for sending each of my siblings across my path.  How uncanny that I should see or talk to each and every one of them within hours of longing for a reunion. 
My goofy dog Scout doesn’t think it’s weird at all and just wants to know if he can come to Ireland with us.  Fat chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment