What does it mean?


You've been thinking about somone. Somone you haven't heard from in weeks, months or even years, and within a short period of time you receive some kind of communication from them. Twice I received letters from a woman I had worked with years before within a day of thinking about her for the first time in a long period of time. The second instance I even stopped in front of the mailbox and had the idea that there was going to be a letter from her because it had already happened once and sure enough, there was a letter in the box. My question is obvious. What is this phenomenon that boils down to a "Strange Case Of Uncanny Timing"?

Is it God? Is it the Universe? Entanglement? Are our brains Quantum computers? Is it the "Law of Attraction"?, or is it all nothing more than a coincidence? Carl Jung called it synchronicity and it happens all the time. Does it happen to you? It happens to me and I find myself wondering "What does it mean?". Decide for yourself as you follow my diary of another "Strange Case Of Uncanny Timing", also known as a S.C.O.U.T!

Sunday, November 14, 2010

March 15, 2010 - Predawn Vertical Insertion

Background - First of all, get your mind out of the gutter. This has nothing to do with that! Matt, my youngest son, and I have a before bedtime conversation about an extended family member who was a former military special forces guy. Matt and my husband had come back from a small family reunion weekend in Disney where Matt had met this guy. He had a lot of questions about this guys service, most of which I couldn’t answer. All I could tell him was that I knew he was involved in the Grenada conflict under President Reagan, which triggered a whole host of new questions I couldn’t answer. He wanted to know if Grenada had been a war? and what the conflict had been about? I told him that I didn’t think that it was called a “war”. The term “war” was very specific and required Congress to actually declare war before it could officially be termed that. Finally, I told him that I wasn’t sure about any of this and that we would have to Google it tomorrow! Right now its time to read a little and then get to sleep. I kissed him goodnight and headed for my own book and bed.

S.C.O.U.T.- Moments later, Matt comes rushing into my bedroom with his “Uncle John’s Bathroom Reader, 10th anniversary edition“, pg. 303, opened to the section he had begun reading. If your familiar with these books you know that each page has a bottom crawling, random little tid-bit that will, more often than not, get you to say “wow!”. Matt definitely said “wow!” that night because the bottom crawler stated that

Double speak: The U.S. government called the invasion of Grenada a “predawn vertical insertion”.

This is the only place in the 500 page book that Grenada is mentioned and Matt had opened right to it. What uncanny timing that it should appear just then and there, answering at least one of his questions (and like I said, it had nothing to do with that other thing you were thinking. Now don‘t you feel silly?!)!

Was it a coincidence? Did Matt “attract” the word Grenada to himself? Had God, the universe and the “powers that be” sent an answer to one of his questions? Or perhaps they were just getting in on the conversation, i.e. they‘re always listening and responding to our lives? Did Matthew become “entangled” with the word Grenada and therefore it had no choice but to appear? Is Matt’s brain a quantum computer that manifested the word because he was thinking about it, i.e. you create your own reality? I know what I think, but telling you would add nothing to this discussion. We each have to decide on our own what we think these strange cases of uncanny timing mean!

1 comment: