What does it mean?


You've been thinking about somone. Somone you haven't heard from in weeks, months or even years, and within a short period of time you receive some kind of communication from them. Twice I received letters from a woman I had worked with years before within a day of thinking about her for the first time in a long period of time. The second instance I even stopped in front of the mailbox and had the idea that there was going to be a letter from her because it had already happened once and sure enough, there was a letter in the box. My question is obvious. What is this phenomenon that boils down to a "Strange Case Of Uncanny Timing"?

Is it God? Is it the Universe? Entanglement? Are our brains Quantum computers? Is it the "Law of Attraction"?, or is it all nothing more than a coincidence? Carl Jung called it synchronicity and it happens all the time. Does it happen to you? It happens to me and I find myself wondering "What does it mean?". Decide for yourself as you follow my diary of another "Strange Case Of Uncanny Timing", also known as a S.C.O.U.T!

Sunday, November 21, 2010

What's a scout? Funny, it turned out to be a S.C.O.U.T.!! Clever universe!

To begin, the word scout used as a verb means "to find by seeking, searching or looking".  Hmm?  How interesting that this word would end up being just the acronym I was looking for while searching for meaning in these "Strange Cases Of Uncanny Timing"!  Seek and ye shall find.

The phrase "Strange Case Of Uncanny Timing" is a phrase I strung together to describe what would seem like a mere coincidence but allows for the possibility that there is more meaning to it.  While this phrase describes only the event and resists the temptation to interpret its meaning, its a bit long.  I decided that a simple acronym would help to shorten it and therefore make it more useful.  I sat down with my scrap paper to play around with the first letters and see what I could come up with.

I'm horrible at word puzzles so it was no surprise that I couldn't see my dogs name in the first letters of this phrase until I sat down and pulled each one out and looked at them as a word.  When my dogs name appeared on the first try I was stunned.  I sat back and laughed at the fact that, just by coincidence, my 7 year old goofy Portuguese Water dogs name was the acronym I had begun trying to construct.  Scout was strangely enough a S.C.O.U.T.! 

This combined with the definition of the word gave me the tingly feeling that I am being walked down a garden path.  I am seeking, searching and looking for meaning in these uncanny connections and, while this excersize seems to raise more questions than it answers, I have no choice but to follow this path.  Its an interesting and awe inspiring path so I don't mind, but the question that seems to grow with each turn in the road is "where does this path lead?".   The only way to find out is forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment