What does it mean?


You've been thinking about somone. Somone you haven't heard from in weeks, months or even years, and within a short period of time you receive some kind of communication from them. Twice I received letters from a woman I had worked with years before within a day of thinking about her for the first time in a long period of time. The second instance I even stopped in front of the mailbox and had the idea that there was going to be a letter from her because it had already happened once and sure enough, there was a letter in the box. My question is obvious. What is this phenomenon that boils down to a "Strange Case Of Uncanny Timing"?

Is it God? Is it the Universe? Entanglement? Are our brains Quantum computers? Is it the "Law of Attraction"?, or is it all nothing more than a coincidence? Carl Jung called it synchronicity and it happens all the time. Does it happen to you? It happens to me and I find myself wondering "What does it mean?". Decide for yourself as you follow my diary of another "Strange Case Of Uncanny Timing", also known as a S.C.O.U.T!

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Reader Contribution - Loving the Badlands

Maureen has sent me a few more spine tinglers. I may have to make her a regular contributing editor! She was warned… “Once you start noticing these connections, it will give you goosebumps how often it happens!”

Loving the Badlands  -  I have a couple of more for you, yet I am still trying to figure out that they mean. The other day while at the grocery store I was buying bison to make some burgers. The Clerk asked me if I ever saw a real buffalo/bison and I said "... Actually Yes, while I was snowmobiling through Yellowstone years ago. Up close and personal"...we continued our conversation about national parks blah blah blah...and the man behind me in line asked if I had ever seen the badlands...well, other than my hometown (hehe), and the Bruce Springsteen song, It had never occurred to me that it was an actual place...duh.

We continued our conversation, and he explained where they were and how beautiful yet desolate they were. All the while I am singing the Bruce song in my head.

OK here is the Scout -  The next morning I came downstairs grabbed my coffee and flicked on the TV to catch the news. Lo and behold the back ground music for the news clip was Bruce Springsteen's Badlands. THEN later that day when I was driving to pick up Scottie...YES BADLANDS comes on the radio!!! Either I need to go see the Badlands OR I need to go see Bruce! I will send the other later!

The Bruce song titled “Badlands” was the lead off track on the album “Darkness On The Edge Of Town” released in 1978.  Its fair to say that, while very popular 30 years ago, this is a very old song that you don’t hear everyday. Think back and tell me “when was the last time you heard that song randomly, let alone twice in one day?“ I told Maureen she had better do both… just in case!!

1 comment:

  1. So here's the thing, it is the Law of Attraction. Your friend says that once you start noticing these things, they'll give you goosebumps, but we are actually drawing them too us, I believe. When we notice them, we are cued up to notice them. They happen me, as you know, all day long. The other day, I had a new cleaning lady in the house working. She innocently decided to refill the soap dispenser that is drilled into the granite counter top beside the kitchen sink. Unbeknownst to her, there is no BOTTLE attached beneath the sink. When we moved into the house, we noticed that someone had installed and electrical outlet in such a way as to make it impossible to put a bottle where one was clearly intended so the tube that is supposed to dip into a bottle just sits there in front of the outlets attached to nothing and we just use a bottle of dishwashing soap we store under the sink. Yes, we should have figured this out years ago, but we just didn't... So anyway, this lady filled the "bottle" and later that evening I notice that the garbage disposal isn't working. I call my husband over to figure that out and he notes that the outlet is wet and then sees that there is soap all over the cabinet floor. That night, as I am cleaning up this mess, but very calmly without any resistance (I was thinking, well this is our fault for not having things operational in our home) I decide that tomorrow I will fix this problem. So I wake up in the morning and I remember this, that I am going to fix this problem today. I find a bottle that I think will be short enough to fit in the space ABOVE the outlet and should therefore be functional, but no, it too is too large. I say to my daughter, who is home sick, "if you see a bottle that is about THEEES big with a neck smaller than this, bring it to me. And then I go into my room and into my closet and sitting on the floor, where I had been earlier in the day and never noticed it, and where I am every single day many times a day, is a bottle that looks perfect. I take it downstairs, pull the tube out, trim it shorter to clear the outlet, reinsert it in the dispenser and screw in the bottle and it works. Just like that. Why? Because I asked the universe for a bottle that would work and it provided it. And because I offered no resistance through opposite thoughts and worries, it provided it immediately... It happens to me all the time, I think because I expect it to...

    Nice blog, Guen. It adds to the positive vibration of the readers when we muse on it...thank you.

    ReplyDelete