What does it mean?


You've been thinking about somone. Somone you haven't heard from in weeks, months or even years, and within a short period of time you receive some kind of communication from them. Twice I received letters from a woman I had worked with years before within a day of thinking about her for the first time in a long period of time. The second instance I even stopped in front of the mailbox and had the idea that there was going to be a letter from her because it had already happened once and sure enough, there was a letter in the box. My question is obvious. What is this phenomenon that boils down to a "Strange Case Of Uncanny Timing"?

Is it God? Is it the Universe? Entanglement? Are our brains Quantum computers? Is it the "Law of Attraction"?, or is it all nothing more than a coincidence? Carl Jung called it synchronicity and it happens all the time. Does it happen to you? It happens to me and I find myself wondering "What does it mean?". Decide for yourself as you follow my diary of another "Strange Case Of Uncanny Timing", also known as a S.C.O.U.T!

Sunday, May 1, 2011

June 30, 2010 - The wonderful Mr. Drozd

Background -   Yesterday I was scrap booking my sons freshman year of high school (which ended weeks ago) and I added only one picture of a teacher.  It was his English teacher, Mr. Drozd.  I sat back and thought about this remarkable man and how he had inspired my son to write and write and write.   I thought about how lucky the world was to have an English teacher like him to engage young minds.  After a moment I laughed at myself for obsessing about this man that I barely knew!   Giving just one more thanks to the universe and the “powers that be” for his motivating teaching style, kind nature and diligent work ethic, I closed the scrapbook to go make dinner.  I told my son about it that night because I was STILL thinking about the wonderful Mr. Drozd!  I wanted my son to know that he would always have a picture in his scrapbook to remind him of this remarkable man and then I FINALLY let it go and went to bed.

S.C.O.U.T. - Mr. Drozd passed away today very suddenly of a brain aneurism.  I was stunned beyond belief as the previous days obsession came flooding back to me in detail.  With shaking hands, I added one final note about his passing in my son’s scrapbook. 

I couldn’t help thinking that I may have found the reason for the previous day’s obsession.  Mr. Drozd rest in peace, you won’t be forgotten.  God, the universe and “the powers that be” have made sure of that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment