What does it mean?


You've been thinking about somone. Somone you haven't heard from in weeks, months or even years, and within a short period of time you receive some kind of communication from them. Twice I received letters from a woman I had worked with years before within a day of thinking about her for the first time in a long period of time. The second instance I even stopped in front of the mailbox and had the idea that there was going to be a letter from her because it had already happened once and sure enough, there was a letter in the box. My question is obvious. What is this phenomenon that boils down to a "Strange Case Of Uncanny Timing"?

Is it God? Is it the Universe? Entanglement? Are our brains Quantum computers? Is it the "Law of Attraction"?, or is it all nothing more than a coincidence? Carl Jung called it synchronicity and it happens all the time. Does it happen to you? It happens to me and I find myself wondering "What does it mean?". Decide for yourself as you follow my diary of another "Strange Case Of Uncanny Timing", also known as a S.C.O.U.T!

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Reader contribution - "Seeing" is believing, but still doesn't answer the question WTF?

Background - Sujatha and her little angel Lila had seen a young baby wearing eyeglasses at lunch.  Afterwards, on the way to the library to pick up Lila’s brother, there was plenty of time for the barrage of questions about eyeglasses and then eyes in general from the inquisitive Lila to her struggling to be the “knower of all things” mother. 

“Can babies have bad eyesight?”, “yes” (easy one).

“How do they know because they can’t talk?”, “the doctors have tests that tell you” (still not too challenging).

“What do babies whose parents can’t afford eyeglasses do?”, “Hmmm?  I guess there are charities that help them out” (starting to wing it).

“Can you donate your glasses?”, “I’m sure you can” (not really sure about that, but must try and answer or the “knower of all things” thing is in jeopardy).

“How do you do that?  Remember Mom, I have a bunch of old glasses and I want to donate them”, “I’m sure there are like “boxes” set up around, in places, or maybe at the eye doctor, or at the mall or something” (now just lying to save status, have absolutely no idea if you even CAN donate old eyeglasses and even less of an idea WHERE you would perform such a task). 

Thankfully Sujatha arrived at the library just in time to end the downward spiral of her answers about “eyeglass donation” and save her battered, but still intact “knower of all things “status.

S.C.O.U.T. – They entered the library and Lila peeled off to the left in order to get a drink from the water fountain.  Sujatha headed off to find her son but was stopped short by Lila’s excited pleas, “MOM!  MOM!  LOOK WHAT I FOUND!!”  She was so insistent that Sujatha had no choice but to return to the water fountain where she found Lila jumping up and down and pointing to the box next to the fountain.  The box which read in big, easy to see letters “EYEGLASS DONATIONS”!! 

f you can’t SEE the strange timing in this story, I’m finished.  My goofy dog Scout says he SEES much more than that, but he’s not telling.  I remind him of the Loudoun County Animal Shelter where you can take unwanted animals, although by his expression there’s no doubt that SEES I’m just bluffing.

No comments:

Post a Comment