What does it mean?


You've been thinking about somone. Somone you haven't heard from in weeks, months or even years, and within a short period of time you receive some kind of communication from them. Twice I received letters from a woman I had worked with years before within a day of thinking about her for the first time in a long period of time. The second instance I even stopped in front of the mailbox and had the idea that there was going to be a letter from her because it had already happened once and sure enough, there was a letter in the box. My question is obvious. What is this phenomenon that boils down to a "Strange Case Of Uncanny Timing"?

Is it God? Is it the Universe? Entanglement? Are our brains Quantum computers? Is it the "Law of Attraction"?, or is it all nothing more than a coincidence? Carl Jung called it synchronicity and it happens all the time. Does it happen to you? It happens to me and I find myself wondering "What does it mean?". Decide for yourself as you follow my diary of another "Strange Case Of Uncanny Timing", also known as a S.C.O.U.T!

Sunday, October 2, 2011

"Well, la di fricken da", a tribute to Chris Farley from God and the universe


Background – My friend Adrianne and I were having a chat in the fluffy, comfy chairs in the front lobby of Golds Gym; which is way, way better than having a chat on the medieval torture device they call the “Elliptical”.  We got talking about one of our favorite comedians, Chris Farley and how funny he was and how tragic his life ended.  We ran through a couple of our favorite movies and then movie lines, giggling all the while at the silliness that was Chris Farley.  The conversation ended with us agreeing he was one of the greats, and we moved on to another topic, any topic, to justify avoiding the annoyed and scolding Elliptical that was calling my name.

S.C.O.U.T. - Not five minutes later a man walked passed us wearing a t-shirt that read “Your Motivational Speaker” and under the caption was a picture of none other than… Chris Farley!!  The t-shirt was a reference to his famous Saturday Night Live skit where he was hired to lecture teenagers on the pitfalls of living in a van down by the river!!!  Adrianne and I were stunned.

Here are the questions I would ask the doubters… “When was the last time you had a conversation about Chris Farley?”, “When was the last time you saw a picture of Chris Farley on a t-shirt, seeing as he died in 1997?”, and finally “When was the last time those two events occurred randomly within minutes of each other?!!” 

My goofy dog Scout can see your still doubting.  That’s alright, I’ll keep trying.  Tune in next week….you fricken doubters ;)

P.S. – As I hit the final key for this entry, I hear a sound floating in from the family room that I instantly recognize from watching the movie “Tommy Boy” umpteen million times… its Chris Farley speaking into his office fan in his deepest voice “Luuuke, I am your faaather”!!!  “The Today Show" is doing a spot on classic movies and this is the clip they choose to play at this very moment?  Coincidence?  COME ON, YGTBKM!!!  I have never, not once, heard that scene played unless I was watching the movie!  Brrrrrr, does anyone feel the chill that just ran down my spine?

No comments:

Post a Comment