What does it mean?


You've been thinking about somone. Somone you haven't heard from in weeks, months or even years, and within a short period of time you receive some kind of communication from them. Twice I received letters from a woman I had worked with years before within a day of thinking about her for the first time in a long period of time. The second instance I even stopped in front of the mailbox and had the idea that there was going to be a letter from her because it had already happened once and sure enough, there was a letter in the box. My question is obvious. What is this phenomenon that boils down to a "Strange Case Of Uncanny Timing"?

Is it God? Is it the Universe? Entanglement? Are our brains Quantum computers? Is it the "Law of Attraction"?, or is it all nothing more than a coincidence? Carl Jung called it synchronicity and it happens all the time. Does it happen to you? It happens to me and I find myself wondering "What does it mean?". Decide for yourself as you follow my diary of another "Strange Case Of Uncanny Timing", also known as a S.C.O.U.T!

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Cause and effect, premonition, or nothing but a coincidence?

Background -  On Monday I found myself thinking about my cheap, little fake diamond earrings.  It was just a random passing thought as I took them off before bed.  You see, I eventually lose one from the pair and am forced to go buy another.  I have to come to accept it and is one of the reasons why I like the fake ones, there is no stress or guilt or call to the insurance company when one goes down the air conditioning vent in a hotel room in Paris!  I spun the little glittering jewels around in my hand and thought back to when I had purchased this pair.  It was dawning on me that I had had this particular set for quite some time now; in fact, I soon placed their purchase date as the week following my trip to Paris where I had indeed lost the mate to the former pair.  That was over three years ago!  I chuckled at what a run I was on.  I couldn't believe that I had actually held on to this pair for over three years and proceeded to gently place them in my jewelry box as carefully as if they were the real thing.

S.C.O.U.T. -  On Tuesday I lost one of the earrings.  I was reaching behind me to grab my seat belt and brushed my left ear with my hand.  I felt the backing slip completely off and both it and the earring fell onto my shoulder... at least that's where I think they fell.  The very first thought I had was "you've got to be kidding me!" and the next was "go slow and feel for it, it can't have gone far".  Fifteen minutes later, and with dirty knees from crawling around on the pavement out side my car door, I conceded that the earring was not to be found.  I spent the next few hours wondering about the the question posed in the title of this post and worked to shake the feeling that that little jewel had seemingly just vanished into thin air.

My goofy dog Scout doesn't get the whole "jewelry" thing to begin with and therefore refuses to contemplate with me ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment