What does it mean?


You've been thinking about somone. Somone you haven't heard from in weeks, months or even years, and within a short period of time you receive some kind of communication from them. Twice I received letters from a woman I had worked with years before within a day of thinking about her for the first time in a long period of time. The second instance I even stopped in front of the mailbox and had the idea that there was going to be a letter from her because it had already happened once and sure enough, there was a letter in the box. My question is obvious. What is this phenomenon that boils down to a "Strange Case Of Uncanny Timing"?

Is it God? Is it the Universe? Entanglement? Are our brains Quantum computers? Is it the "Law of Attraction"?, or is it all nothing more than a coincidence? Carl Jung called it synchronicity and it happens all the time. Does it happen to you? It happens to me and I find myself wondering "What does it mean?". Decide for yourself as you follow my diary of another "Strange Case Of Uncanny Timing", also known as a S.C.O.U.T!

Sunday, September 12, 2010

March 30, 2010 - Call the CDC... this thing's contagious!

Background - How do you know that you have a really good spouse? You can tell them anything, including the fact that your on the fast train to crazy town and there aren’t any stops to get off before you arrive. How do you know you have a really, really good spouse? When you look over and they’re in the seat next to you! You want to ask them when they bought they’re ticket, but you can tell they’re a little uneasy about this trip, so you just accept it and appreciate the company.

S.C.O.U,T. - My husband tells me one evening after work that he had a S.C.O.U.T. that day. The fact that he used my acronym made me realize just how much he loves me, and just how brave he is! He had been thinking about a friend of ours, a guy named Justin who is the manager at our local Irish pub, and how he hadn’t spoken to him for a good many weeks. He was remembering that he had told Justin that he would donate an extra TV we have for the pubs use (in exchange for a few free Guinness’s of course!) and that he needed to take care of that. He filed it away in his mental T.T.D. circular file, never to be seen again, and moved on to the next order of business. He hadn’t even begun thinking about the next item when his phone rang. He looked to see who it was and… you guessed it, “Hey Justin! This is so weird, I was just thinking about you!” What uncanny timing!

Justin did indeed get his T.V. thanks to God, the universe and the “powers that be” for tapping him on the shoulder and giving him a nudge to call Mike right at that moment. Justin got his T.V., Mike got a few free Guinness,  and I got a terrific traveling companion (: Love ya hunny!

No comments:

Post a Comment