What does it mean?


You've been thinking about somone. Somone you haven't heard from in weeks, months or even years, and within a short period of time you receive some kind of communication from them. Twice I received letters from a woman I had worked with years before within a day of thinking about her for the first time in a long period of time. The second instance I even stopped in front of the mailbox and had the idea that there was going to be a letter from her because it had already happened once and sure enough, there was a letter in the box. My question is obvious. What is this phenomenon that boils down to a "Strange Case Of Uncanny Timing"?

Is it God? Is it the Universe? Entanglement? Are our brains Quantum computers? Is it the "Law of Attraction"?, or is it all nothing more than a coincidence? Carl Jung called it synchronicity and it happens all the time. Does it happen to you? It happens to me and I find myself wondering "What does it mean?". Decide for yourself as you follow my diary of another "Strange Case Of Uncanny Timing", also known as a S.C.O.U.T!

Friday, September 17, 2010

Reader Contribution - Hebrews 11:1 and a very special mug

Maureen wrote - As you know, weird things happen to me daily; :). However just recently I was having a discussion about faith with my sister-in-law, she’s a rocket scientist. She is exploring her faith but as a scientist needs proof. As we were driving through the English countryside a bible verse popped into my head… not one that I read frequently, but I must have read it at one point. It was Hebrews 11:1. “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen”, and that was the end of our conversation. The next week, I go to the opening of our new church and Pastor Mintor begins his sermon with that exact verse. I suppose someone was trying to tell me something.
Also, on a recent trip to the Jersey Shore my sister and I decided to spend the weekend in Ocean Grove, a cute little Victorian town where my mother-in-law spent her childhood summers. She loved it there and would always tell me to go down and spend time there. We stayed in a bed and breakfast on the ocean… very nice. The next morning my sister went out to grab us some coffee from the hotel kitchen and she comes back to the room with the exact same mug as my mother-in-law used every morning when she was alive. It’s a unique mug, not one you would see everywhere. The hotel said they had bought it in a thrift store. It was as if she was telling me she was happy I was there! I left two wine glasses in the mugs place and took it home with me.

Thanks Maureen
- These stories gave me chills. I understand how your sister-in-law feels. That used to be me - although I’m certainly no rocket scientist! I needed proof for everything until I read a little bit about Quantum physics and learned that the best minds in the world can’t explain some of their own scientific findings. I understand that not having an explanation doesn’t mean that there isn’t one, but it makes me wonder if we're suppose to understand everything. I hope she has a few undeniable S.C.O.U.T.S. of her own, you know… one of the ones you just can’t shake off! Life is just so much more interesting when we can’t explain everything we see and have to take some of it on faith! The second story is self explanatory. What a great mother-in-law you had (have!).

No comments:

Post a Comment