What does it mean?


You've been thinking about somone. Somone you haven't heard from in weeks, months or even years, and within a short period of time you receive some kind of communication from them. Twice I received letters from a woman I had worked with years before within a day of thinking about her for the first time in a long period of time. The second instance I even stopped in front of the mailbox and had the idea that there was going to be a letter from her because it had already happened once and sure enough, there was a letter in the box. My question is obvious. What is this phenomenon that boils down to a "Strange Case Of Uncanny Timing"?

Is it God? Is it the Universe? Entanglement? Are our brains Quantum computers? Is it the "Law of Attraction"?, or is it all nothing more than a coincidence? Carl Jung called it synchronicity and it happens all the time. Does it happen to you? It happens to me and I find myself wondering "What does it mean?". Decide for yourself as you follow my diary of another "Strange Case Of Uncanny Timing", also known as a S.C.O.U.T!

Sunday, March 20, 2011

June 3, 2010 - The magically appearing old friend

Background -   My husband was having lunch with his brother and they were seated at a table that had a good view out the window to the pedestrian traffic passing by on the sidewalk. While waiting for their food, my brother-in-law began asking my husband about a guy my husband had worked with over five years ago. My brother-in-law knew of this guy but had never met him (and had no idea what he looked like). He had just been randomly thinking about him and decided to ask my husband if he‘d seen him lately. He was trying to describe the guy to my husband and my husband was trying to figure out who it was that his brother was asking about. After a bit of back and forth, they came up with the guys name and chatted about him for a moment.

S.C.O.U.T.
 -   It wasn’t even a full minute after their chat ended that my husband looked out the window and this very same guy, who he hasn’t seen, talked to, or even talked about in years, walked right by the restaurant on the sidewalk outside their window. My husband started cracking up and pointed him out to his brother, both of them a bit stunned and marveling at the timing of this guys appearance. Uncanny!


Coincidence? Seriously, do you really believe that? My goofy dog Scout says no way. I am convinced that there is far more to this world of ours than our five senses can explain

No comments:

Post a Comment