What does it mean?


You've been thinking about somone. Somone you haven't heard from in weeks, months or even years, and within a short period of time you receive some kind of communication from them. Twice I received letters from a woman I had worked with years before within a day of thinking about her for the first time in a long period of time. The second instance I even stopped in front of the mailbox and had the idea that there was going to be a letter from her because it had already happened once and sure enough, there was a letter in the box. My question is obvious. What is this phenomenon that boils down to a "Strange Case Of Uncanny Timing"?

Is it God? Is it the Universe? Entanglement? Are our brains Quantum computers? Is it the "Law of Attraction"?, or is it all nothing more than a coincidence? Carl Jung called it synchronicity and it happens all the time. Does it happen to you? It happens to me and I find myself wondering "What does it mean?". Decide for yourself as you follow my diary of another "Strange Case Of Uncanny Timing", also known as a S.C.O.U.T!

Sunday, January 29, 2012

September 12, 2010 - "Clone worthy" is now a real phrase...soon to follow is "S.C.O.U.T. worthy"


Background – Matthew, my youngest, livened up our dinner conversation tonight by asking the question “Hey mom, should we clone Scout?”  It turned into a fun discussion about what it would be like to clone our beloved family fur ball and have a slew of wacky puppies just like him running all over the place.  I finally brought everyone back to reality, i.e. rained on the parade, by informing them that I was pretty darn sure that cloning wasn't a thing yet, but that it was fun to think about.  I knew that it had been done somewhere in the world, but had never heard of anything being cloned on a regular basis.   Conversation over, mom is - as always - right.
The dinner dishes were cleared, homework was finished and we all headed off to bed.

S.C.O.U.T. – It was an Uncle Johns Bathroom Reader night and I slipped in between the cool sheets to enjoy some mindless random trivia.  The second bottom crawling fact presented in my reading read as follows:
          
  “Trakr, a 9/11 rescue dog was cloned five times after he won a “most clone worthy dog” contest”

O.K., so they are definitely cloning dogs, and cloning them often enough to have a contest for a “free cloning” Who knew?!!  Could this also be telling me that I should think about cloning Scout?  After all, this little blurb about cloning is a S.C.O.U.T.   How strange that I should come across a fact about cloning (to be clear - the only cloning related fact that I’ve ever come across) only hours after having a fully blown conversation on this very subject.  Simply uncanny.  Now if I could just “clone” this phenomenon, right now it’s way too random and “improvable” for many to accept.  That being said, pay attention, it’s happening to you too – for there’s no doubt you are all “S.C.O.U.T. worthy”!!

No comments:

Post a Comment