What does it mean?


You've been thinking about somone. Somone you haven't heard from in weeks, months or even years, and within a short period of time you receive some kind of communication from them. Twice I received letters from a woman I had worked with years before within a day of thinking about her for the first time in a long period of time. The second instance I even stopped in front of the mailbox and had the idea that there was going to be a letter from her because it had already happened once and sure enough, there was a letter in the box. My question is obvious. What is this phenomenon that boils down to a "Strange Case Of Uncanny Timing"?

Is it God? Is it the Universe? Entanglement? Are our brains Quantum computers? Is it the "Law of Attraction"?, or is it all nothing more than a coincidence? Carl Jung called it synchronicity and it happens all the time. Does it happen to you? It happens to me and I find myself wondering "What does it mean?". Decide for yourself as you follow my diary of another "Strange Case Of Uncanny Timing", also known as a S.C.O.U.T!

Saturday, February 4, 2012

September 19, 2010 - Goooooooooooooooal!!!! Simply Uncanny!


Background – I had to leave my son Jake’s game early last Sunday to go pick up my other boy.  I didn’t think it was any big deal though as Jake had just been pulled out of the game, and I’m one of those selfish shallow parents who really only cares what’s going on when my kid is on the field, sad but true.  As I was heading out, I commented to one of the parents on our team that I was still hoping for one more “Xtreme” goal, preferably from my son!  I had a brief moment of deep wishing for this highly unlikely event as the parent I had commented to worked on hiding his snicker at the thought of my boy scoring the goal. 

Unbeknownst to me, my husband, who was staying to watch, was practicing some “visualization” by imagining our son scoring the winning goal for the team as well.  This was a silly exercise because not only was Jake sitting on the bench, but he is a defender and is rarely in position to even get near our goal, let alone score.  Still, we were both having nearly the same thought, at the same time.

S.C.O.U.T. - I had just left the parking lot when Jake was substituted in at midfield to give another player a much needed break.  It took less than two minutes for him to make his way down the field and score the game winning goal.  The first goal he had ever scored for this team… not just the first winning goal, the very first goal ever!!  My phone lit up with the message from my husband “Jake just scored the goal!!!!  UFB!!!”

Now this may all seem like just a coincidence, I mean don’t all parents spend most of their thoughts during a game visualizing their kid scoring the game winning goal?  Maybe some, but not me.  Like I said, Jake is a defender and scoring goals isn’t part of his “job” on the field.  I have actually never had the thought that Jake would be scoring “a” goal, let alone “the” goal!  After talking with my husband, we agreed that this wasn’t one of our usual thoughts during Jake’s games, and we both had that tingle run down our spine as we put the events together. 

The question I have, and one you’re probably batting around right now as well is “if we had a chance the very next day to repeat these events, and we focused on Jake scoring the goal, we focused until our eyes ached and the veins on our temples bulged, would Jake once again score the goal?”  I feel the answer is “no”, which make all this seem even more like a coincidence.  The problem is…I know somewhere deep inside me, and I know from carefully observing the world around me, that this was no coincidence, and then I move on to the next question… so then “what is it”?

No comments:

Post a Comment