What does it mean?


You've been thinking about somone. Somone you haven't heard from in weeks, months or even years, and within a short period of time you receive some kind of communication from them. Twice I received letters from a woman I had worked with years before within a day of thinking about her for the first time in a long period of time. The second instance I even stopped in front of the mailbox and had the idea that there was going to be a letter from her because it had already happened once and sure enough, there was a letter in the box. My question is obvious. What is this phenomenon that boils down to a "Strange Case Of Uncanny Timing"?

Is it God? Is it the Universe? Entanglement? Are our brains Quantum computers? Is it the "Law of Attraction"?, or is it all nothing more than a coincidence? Carl Jung called it synchronicity and it happens all the time. Does it happen to you? It happens to me and I find myself wondering "What does it mean?". Decide for yourself as you follow my diary of another "Strange Case Of Uncanny Timing", also known as a S.C.O.U.T!

Saturday, February 25, 2012

September 23, 2010 - This is nothing to "yolk" about


Background – My son Matt and I were baking a cake for my father-in-laws 80th birthday, and Matt tackled the task of separating the eggs.  As he was flopping the yolk from one shell to the other he noticed the white, stringy thing hanging from the yolk.  He calls me over, points it out and asks me if it’s a fetus.  I have a good laugh and then tell him that I don’t know what it’s called, but that it’s definitely NOT a fetus!  In light of my clearly lacking knowledge as to what this thing is called and what its purpose is, he shrugs me off and declares that he’s pretty sure it’s a fetus.  I have little else to add except “It’s NOT a fetus” and we move on to finish the cake.

S.C.O.U.T. – A little over an hour later – yes, just ONE HOUR later - cake cooling, I settle into my reading chair with my UJBR “Supremely Satisfying” edition of random trivia and pop the book open to pg. 61 where I had left off the last time I read.  The title of the next section is “Test Your Egg I.Q.”.  That familiar tingle begins to creep down my spine as I read the blurb about the stringy white thing attached to the yolk of an egg.  It’s called the “chalazae” and its primary function is to hold the yolk in place. 

I sit for a moment – stunned - and contemplate the over-whelming feeling that my world is nowhere near as solid as it appears and that there are moving parts and energy that we humans have only just begun to become aware of.  If I live for 100 years you will never convince me that this was just a mere coincidence.   My son asks me a question that I don’t have the answer to, and one hour later the answer randomly appears.... I use the word “randomly” very loosely here.  Uncanny, simply uncanny.

No comments:

Post a Comment