What does it mean?


You've been thinking about somone. Somone you haven't heard from in weeks, months or even years, and within a short period of time you receive some kind of communication from them. Twice I received letters from a woman I had worked with years before within a day of thinking about her for the first time in a long period of time. The second instance I even stopped in front of the mailbox and had the idea that there was going to be a letter from her because it had already happened once and sure enough, there was a letter in the box. My question is obvious. What is this phenomenon that boils down to a "Strange Case Of Uncanny Timing"?

Is it God? Is it the Universe? Entanglement? Are our brains Quantum computers? Is it the "Law of Attraction"?, or is it all nothing more than a coincidence? Carl Jung called it synchronicity and it happens all the time. Does it happen to you? It happens to me and I find myself wondering "What does it mean?". Decide for yourself as you follow my diary of another "Strange Case Of Uncanny Timing", also known as a S.C.O.U.T!

Monday, April 30, 2012

November 8, 2010 – To what degree do you believe in “A Strange Case Of Uncanny Timing”


Background - Our French exchange student challenged our family to do a lot of conversions to not only the metric system, but from Fahrenheit to Celsius.  During these conversion challenges I began to wonder about the symbol for degrees (the little open dot in the upper right hand corner of the number) which made a statement of temperature instantly recognizable.  I wondered where this symbol had come from and why this particular symbol had been chosen to represent temperature.  I laughed at myself because I felt like this was something I should already know - having gone through many, many years of schooling.  I decided to do what anyone else, who wants to know anything about anything, does these days - Google it when I had a chance.  Which essentially meant never – I’m a master procrastinator and still can’t work that function on my “smart phone” (which is apparently smarter than me, grrrr).

.C.O.U.T. - The next day I flip open my U.J.B.R. (Uncle John’s Bathroom Reader – The “Fast Acting, Long Lasting 18th Edition, pg 14) and read the random, bottom crawling fact… “The degree symbol (they show a picture of the symbol, but I can’t find it on my keyboard, although I know there probably one there somewhere, grrrrr) is an ancient symbol representing the sun”Bam!  There you have it.  Asked and answered.

#1 – I have never wondered about the degree symbol before.
#2 – Out of roughly 3,000 pages of U.J.B.R.  reading, this is the only place this little tid-bit appears, just days after I wondered about it.
#3 - Simply uncanny.

"The atoms or elementary particles themselves are not real; they form a world of potentialities or possibilities rather than one of things or facts."  ~ Werner Heisenberg

No comments:

Post a Comment