What does it mean?


You've been thinking about somone. Somone you haven't heard from in weeks, months or even years, and within a short period of time you receive some kind of communication from them. Twice I received letters from a woman I had worked with years before within a day of thinking about her for the first time in a long period of time. The second instance I even stopped in front of the mailbox and had the idea that there was going to be a letter from her because it had already happened once and sure enough, there was a letter in the box. My question is obvious. What is this phenomenon that boils down to a "Strange Case Of Uncanny Timing"?

Is it God? Is it the Universe? Entanglement? Are our brains Quantum computers? Is it the "Law of Attraction"?, or is it all nothing more than a coincidence? Carl Jung called it synchronicity and it happens all the time. Does it happen to you? It happens to me and I find myself wondering "What does it mean?". Decide for yourself as you follow my diary of another "Strange Case Of Uncanny Timing", also known as a S.C.O.U.T!

Sunday, April 22, 2012

October 28, 2010 - "Bordeaux"; delicious wine, beautiful French city, or spine tingling S.C.O.U.T.?


Background – I spent the afternoon daydreaming about going to Bordeaux.  Our French student, who resides in this coastal French city, left this afternoon to return to his beloved home.  He had spent a good portion of his visit with us working to convince me that we must all come to visit.  I vowed that we would.  I had never worked up the nerve, during his entire visit, to tell him that upon his arrival I had learned that Bordeaux was an actual city in France (!) and not just a delicious wine from a region in France.  I was totally embarrassed at my ignorance of this fact.  Now that I knew however, visiting this wonderful little city was all I thought about for the rest of the day.

S.C.O.U.T. – My husband and I had been invited to a silent auction fund raiser that same night.  As we made our way down the table looking at everything from sports paraphernalia to spa getaways we approached the grand auction item of the night… a five day trip to the quaint little city of Bordeaux France for wine tasting and sightseeing!  I was swayed on my feet as the realization that one week ago I didn’t even know Bordeaux was a city, that I had spent this entire day dreaming of a visit to this newly discovered city, and that now I standing in front of an opportunity to take that very trip!  Simply uncanny!!  “Did my intense earlier musings bring this opportunity into being, or was it nothing more than a coincidence?”  That is my question, and as I trundle along through life - watching, recording and examining - the answer is becoming chillingly clear to me.

Unfortunately I wasn’t able to talk my husband into throwing caution to the wind, liquidating the kid’s college funds and bidding aggressively on this tripL.  Instead, we made a small fantasy bid and vowed that we would someday, when the kids were older, make our way to Bordeaux. 

"The doctrine that the world is made up of objects whose existence is independent of human consciousness turns out to be in conflict with quantum mechanics and with facts established by experiment."  ~ Bernard d'Espagnat

No comments:

Post a Comment