What does it mean?


You've been thinking about somone. Somone you haven't heard from in weeks, months or even years, and within a short period of time you receive some kind of communication from them. Twice I received letters from a woman I had worked with years before within a day of thinking about her for the first time in a long period of time. The second instance I even stopped in front of the mailbox and had the idea that there was going to be a letter from her because it had already happened once and sure enough, there was a letter in the box. My question is obvious. What is this phenomenon that boils down to a "Strange Case Of Uncanny Timing"?

Is it God? Is it the Universe? Entanglement? Are our brains Quantum computers? Is it the "Law of Attraction"?, or is it all nothing more than a coincidence? Carl Jung called it synchronicity and it happens all the time. Does it happen to you? It happens to me and I find myself wondering "What does it mean?". Decide for yourself as you follow my diary of another "Strange Case Of Uncanny Timing", also known as a S.C.O.U.T!

Sunday, February 6, 2011

May 24, 2010 - Grant me "3" wishes!

Background -   It’s a well known fact, and even a point of amusement, in our household that I love the number “3“. I look for, and find “3’s” everywhere. You see them too, you just may not know it. “3’s” appear in every facet of our lives; mind/body/spirit, morning/noon/night, past/present/future; there are “3” little pigs, Goldilocks came upon “3” bears, and Genie’s grant “3” wishes; Hollywood stars are thought to die in groups of “3” (this has been proven to be a persistent myth - it must be the power of “3” at work!); we count to “3” to start, and get “3” strikes before we’re out; you’ll find the “3” sides of a triangle throughout architecture - it’s the strongest shape; in history the Pythagoreans considered “3” the first real number, and the number “3” is everywhere through-out religion. I could go on and on, but I’ll spare you because I know you too are now seeing “3’s” everywhere.

S.C.O.U.T. -   I was having a tough time with a project I’m working on and ask for some kind of a sign that I was on the right path. Something that would prove so obvious that it would be undeniable to me.


That night I sat abruptly up in bed and realized that I was suddenly awake. Wide awake. It took me a minute to get my bearings and then I did what I always do when I wake up and its dark out, checked the clock. The cable box across the room shone bright orange displaying the time so it was easy to see. The time was 3:33. Three, “3’s“. Simply uncanny, and given my love of the number “3“, absolutely undeniable.

Post Script -   A few weeks later I was watching a hokie sci-fi movie called “The Fourth Kind” about alien abduction. All of the abductees are taken from their beds at exactly 3:33 in the morning. I’m almost positive that I haven’t been abducted by aliens, although both my husband and my goofy dog Scout swear it would explain a lot. Those two are just a laugh riot, aren’t they?

No comments:

Post a Comment